Saturday, September 26, 2009

kirstin has a new toy!

almost a year ago i posted an entry in this blog titled welcome to the talent show where i basically showcased my lack of photography skills and expressed my desire to make it my talent.

and now i might be able to make it happen! my wonderful loving husband who knows me so well gave me my early birthday present a couple days ago.

isn't she pretty? i'll have to think of a name for her and i'll keep you posted on that development.

well now i have the equipment to help me hone what little talent i have right now. and i'll probably take a class next spring at the local community college to try to learn more of the features of the camera and what effects i can achieve!

SOOO EXCITED!!!

4 comments:

matt and whitney said...

AWESOME! What a great husband you have :) A nice camera makes all the difference in the world...and compensates for lack of talent in my case!!! Can't wait to look at your photos to come :)

Sis said...

What a great gift Mike....WAY TO GO!!
Were you totally surprised Kirstin? I'm not sure which boy is like me...can't keep a secret...well SOME secrets I can keep anyway. Having a great camera like the ones you and Whitney have is a great investment and will last you a lifetime. Have a blast!

Love,
Stalker Mom xoxoxoxo

Derek and Kelsey said...

HOW FUN! That is so awesome!! Seriously - what a great surprise from your awesome husband! (Ahem --Derek.. are you reading this? Hint! Hint!) Haha, just kidding! Good for you to take a class and learn everything about your camera - have so much fun!

Sis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTIN!!!
Big hugs from Stalker Mom xoxoxo